Welcome to the Internet's newest forum for discussing all things philatelic!

Greetings from the east of the Netherlands

This should be your first stop. Introduce yourself and tell us who you are and what you collect!
Fenrik
Netherlands

Greetings from the east of the Netherlands

Post by Fenrik »

I’m fairly new to stamp collecting as someone barely in my twenties who began more seriously collecting and learning about postal history when I was about 17. Before that I did kind of collect stamps as a kid, but those were usually CTO’s. I did receive someone’s son’s old stamp album with mostly stamps from the Netherlands as a child, and many of those stamps are still part of my collection.

Sadly, I lost quite a few to foxing, which makes it so that I’m usually very careful, perhaps too careful about any potential weird ‘spots’ on my stamps.

The countries I collect the most seriously are the Netherlands and Germany. I also enjoy collecting more modern stamps from Finland and Japan, and the older stamps of several countries in South America. I do like stamps from everywhere, but if I go to buy stamps I typically look out for stamps of those countries.

I’m even contemplating buying an album for both the Netherlands and Germany, especially Germany.

PostmasterGS
Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor
Collecting Areas: German, Colonies, & Territories, 1872-1945
United States of America

Post by PostmasterGS »

Welcome, @Fenrik!

I make Germany album pages. If you're interested, you can download them for free on my website (link is in my signature).
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - German, Colonies, & Territories, 1872-1945

jmh67
Collecting Areas: Definitives
Germany
Ireland
Czechoslovakia
whatever else strikes my fancy

Post by jmh67 »

Welcome, Fenrik!

I also collect Netherlands and Gemany (among a whole lot of other countries), the main difference being that I am based in Germany. Watch out for a PM!

Martin